Year 5 Music
Music lessons in year 5...
By the end of year 5 children will be able to
- Listen and Appraise: Appreciate and understand a wide range of high quality live and recorded music from different traditions and from great musicians and composers .
Develop an understanding of the history of music.
2. Musical Activities: Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the interrelated dimensions of music.
Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory.
Use and understand staff and other musical notations.
Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression.
3.Perform and Share: Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression.
Livin' on a Prayer - Rock
- To identify the pieces structure.
- Rhythm and pitch copy back.
- To sing in unison.
- To play accurately and in time.
- To improvise in lessons.
- To contribute to the performance by singing or playing an instrument.
Classroom Jazz 1
- To identify the structure.
- To play instrumental parts with the music by ear by using the notes G, A & B
- To improvise in Bossa Nova style
- To improvise in swing style.
- To evaluate their performance and say how they felt about it.
Make You Feel My Love - Ballads
- To identify the instruments and voices.
- Rhythm and pitch copy back and question and answer.
- To sing in unison.
- To play the easy part C D & E by ear or from notation.
- To compose a melody using simple rhythms.
- To contribute to the performance by singing or playing an instrument, improvising or playing their composition.
Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Hip hop
- To find the pulse, changes in tempo, dynamics and texture whilst listening
- To sing and rap
- To play musical instruments accurately by ear and from notation.
- To improvise in lessons and as part of the performance.
- To compose a melody and use as part of the performance, using the notes D E F G & A.
- To communicate thoughts and feelings about the song and discuss and talk musically about it.
Dancing in the Street - Mowtown
- To find the pulse and identify changes in the tempo, dynamics and texture.
- To sing in two parts.
- To play accurately and in time using notation.
- To use the notes C, D, E, F & G to compose a melody.
- To record the performance and discuss what went well and what could have been better.
Title of Unit