Due to the school closure, we have created a range of online links to resources, activities and excerises that pupils can engage with at home.
If you have any questions related to home learning you can email email@example.com. We may not reply immediately, but we'll do our best!
Showbie is our way of letting children in Years 1-6 access lesson resources and do work online.
It can be accessed in a web browser at https://www.showbie.com/ or through a free iPad/iPhone app https://apps.apple.com/app/showbie-paperless-classroom/id548898085.
Their login details can be found in their h/s diary and they have all used it in Computing lessons, along with a few other subjects too. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues logging in.
Teachers will be regularly updating Showbie with activities for children to do and will respond to comments. Children just have to post a message on or click on an image/file shared by the teacher to then type/annotate/draw on it.
Here are some presentations about maths, reading and Easter that Mrs Gooding has found which you might want to show and talk to your child about:
- Words to Practise Reading on Sight
- 2D Shapes
- 3D Shapes
- PowerPoint - Counting
- PowerPoint - Addition
- PowerPoint - Subtraction
- PowerPoint - NumberBonds
- White Rose - Early Years Maths
- Educational Games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- The Easter Story
- Our Rochdale - Activities and home learning ideas to do with your children
- Mathseeds - free 14-day trial of online maths games
(To make the PowerPoint files work like in school:
1. Click on enable editing
2. Click on the top red bar ‘slide show’.
3. Click on ‘from beginning’.)
Parents are still encouraged to use Tapestry (https://tapestryjournal.com/) to demonstrate what children are learning and experiencing at home or out and about. In the upcoming weeks, Mrs Gooding will try her best to comment on Tapestry updates and set new challenges!
Weekly tasks have been set on Mathletics (https://www.mathletics.com/uk/ ) for children in Years 1-6 - logins are in children's home school diaries.
By the end of Year 4, children are expected to know all of their multiplication tables up to 12x12 and be able to recall them within 6 seconds. Here are some useful online activities to help you practise and learn them:
- Tables Check Activity https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477 (remember that the: 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 tables appear more often in the Year 4 tables check!)
- Super Maths Bowling – Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/504/Super-Maths-Bowling-Multiplication
- Stone Age Stu https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/544/Stone-Age-Stu-Times-Tables
- Archery Arithmetic - Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/399
- Hit the Button – Times Tables https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Tables Tennis - http://ictgames.com/tablesTennis/mobile/index.html
- Times Tables Songs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWMPqh04o4&list=PLaSZ7kwwxKqV9LMVo6h7Vx36mPybTo14B
Telling the Time
Being able to tell the time is not only part of the National Curriculum but also an important life skill – any practise that children could do at home would be really helpful. Here are some great games:
- Telling the time in words - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/343
- Telling the time on a digital clock - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116
- Adding time word problems - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/118
- Find the start time - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/119
Any practise children can with their handwriting would be really helpful:
- Here is the handwriting scheme we use at Parkfield - Handwriting Scheme
- Here is a printable sheet of handwriting lines - http://files.parkfieldprimary.com/Handwriting%20lines.pdf
Please continue to read as much as possible at home.
Children can login to Bug Club and read the books that teachers have assigned to them. (Logins in Home School Diaries)
We love reading at Parkfield and so to encourage the children to read for pleasure more, they will have a special bookmark ticked off each time they complete a book. They may even win a prize for reading lots and lots! Free, online books can be found here:
- Oxford Own has over 200 free e-books to read with your child - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Here are some classic children's books, free to read or listen to - https://www.researchify.co.uk/audiobooks.html
- Join Middleton Library to rent children’s e-books for free - http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/library-services/Pages/join-the-library.aspx
Here are our recommended reads for each year group - Books to Read 📚
Daily videos of phonics lessons - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ/videos
This is what we recommend on these games:
Reception - Play the games at Phase 2 and Phase 3 Levels
Year 1 – Play the games at Phase 4 and Phase 5 Levels (National phonics check in June)
Year 2 – Play the games at Phase 6 Level
- Phonics Play: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Teach Your Monster to Read: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/blog/teach-monster-learn-to-read-app-free-coronavirus
Take a look at the information on this page to find out how you can develop skills to better understand your child’s learning and development and how you can continue the learning. https://www.ourrochdale.org.uk/kb5/rochdale/directory/advice.page?id=T6SZYNqPlGk&newfamilychannel=0
Twinkl are offering free access for all parents and carers until the end of April. Go to https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and sign up. Use the promo code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Look and Read (Did you remember watching these?)
- Through the Dragon’s Eye - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F2EF09768DF6A0
- Geordie Racer – https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcpLYWjmPfc4Yigf6
- Sky Hunter II - https://photos.app.goo.gl/sn2WJyQrSmbB3Gcr8
- Spywatch - https://photos.app.goo.gl/P7E65IZtluAg8dlD3
- Legend of the Lost Keys - https://photos.app.goo.gl/admHFaCL6v17zFeG6
The Body Coach has recently uploaded lots of 5-minute workout videos for children to do at home to keep them active - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-k
Use your imagination to complete these 30 days of Lego challenges - https://twitter.com/DrJacieMaslyk/status/1239173501233266688
There are lots of resources and guidance to help keep your child safe and happy when online here - https://www.parkfieldprimary.com/website/e-safety.html
TASK team help line between 9am and 4pm every day
Rochdale Additional Needs Service have extended their telephone helpline to everyday between 9am and 4pm and staff can be contacted via emails on rans.admin@Rochdale.Gov.UK – responses will be made through normal working hours.